Xclusive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xclusive

Competive community. Located in the Xclusive channel of Pokemon online.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alomomola, Samurott Hates You

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dzi
Title: Level 26 Haunter
Dzi

Kanto Gyms : Kanto Gyms
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge
Elite Four : Elite Four
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown
Tournaments : Orange League
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Trophy Remove Ribbon

Alomomola, Samurott Hates You Empty
PostSubject: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 3:03 pm

Alomomola, Samurott Hates You 15x0j2o

Samurott (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Substitute

Whenever I use the standard special Samurott set (which is the one with LO), I find Alomomola as a huge problem. The new addition I added to the set to somehow "counter" Alomomola is Substitute.When I use Samurott and predict an Alomomola switch-in, I usually go to sub. Since Substitute blocks Toxic, Alomomola can't cripple Samurott. So Samurott can continue spamming Grass Knot. Salac Berry is the item I use because when salac activates, torrent is also activated allowing Samurott to sweep through weakened teams. Surf, Scald and Hydro Pump for STAB options but I prefer Surf/Scald more. Ice Beam is filler. Grass Knot is for Seismitoad and Alomomola. Modest for power, standard evs spread focusing on Special Attack and Speed.
Back to top Go down
bambi
Title: Level 16 Eevee
Title: Level 16 Eevee
bambi

Remove Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown

PostSubject: Re: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 4:50 pm

have you tried taunt? it would achieve the same + alomo can't use whish. and sawk will outspeed you even with salac boost
Back to top Go down
TM1337FalconPunch
Title: Level 36 Tropius
Title: Level 36 Tropius
TM1337FalconPunch

Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge

PostSubject: Re: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 6:07 pm

Taunt doesn't reliably let you activate Salac though, and Sub gives a buffer when sweeping through teams and you come across say a Skuntank or something. Both moves have their own merit and they should probably be slashed together :p

Sub also means being slower than Sawk isn't as big a deal anyway
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TM1337FalconPunch/videos
ZodiaK
Title: Admin
Title: Admin
ZodiaK

Remove Badge Marsh Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2012, 1:11 am

sub removes the need for outpacing a threat as you trade a sub for a hit, i approve of this set
Back to top Go down
https://xclusive.4umer.com
Dzi
Dzi

PostSubject: Re: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2012, 1:52 am

Yup Taunt also shuts Alomomola down but Samurott can hit some faster threats because of the presence of Substitute. Aside from Alomomola it can also counter other walls like Audino (since it usually runs a Wish, Protect, Heal Bell, Thunderwave/Toxic moveset) and Lickilicky (since Samurott can take about 2 Body Slams before the sub breaks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alomomola, Samurott Hates You   Alomomola, Samurott Hates You I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alomomola, Samurott Hates You
Page 1 of 1