Xclusive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xclusive

Competive community. Located in the Xclusive channel of Pokemon online.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smashpass counters

Go down 
+3
Nexus
ZodiaK
Firer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Firer
Title: Level 51 Scizor
Firer

Kanto Gyms : Kanto Gyms
Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge
Elite Four : Elite Four
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown
Tournaments : Orange League
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Trophy Remove Ribbon

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2012, 11:01 am

here you can post what you use to counter smashpass in ubers.

a set working very well but being a bit gimmick is

psych up espeon.
you come in on the smash, psych up on the pass and ohko dialga with hp fighting. then you proceed to sweep
also mbounce reflects spore.

other then that fast scarfers and lum poke can work. but post your ideas

oh and ditto
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2012, 1:20 pm

haze,quaggy,phazing moves, etc.
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2012, 4:20 pm

well dont forget that they run normally espeon
so roar, yawn, whilrwind wont work
also im not sure if quaggy can take a 140 stab atk. and he cant ko back under screens.
Back to top Go down
ZodiaK
Title: Admin
ZodiaK

Remove Badge Marsh Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2012, 10:15 pm

Haze Xatu
Back to top Go down
https://xclusive.4umer.com
Nexus
Nexus

Storm Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 3:55 pm

Espeon comes in on the smash and get's OHKO'd
Same with Xatu.

I use Focus sash/Chansey to wall them
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Title: Level 61 Venusaur
Darklight

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 4:11 pm

Use two phazers and you will be fine, let Smeargle spore one, use the other to make it gtfo. Ho-oh with special defensive evs filled up gets the job done too. There is also Thundurus who can Thunder-Wave. Ferrothorn in rain and filled up with special defensive evs can i think survive a attack if it deals min dam and then paralyze it.
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Title: Level 76 Keldeo
Title: Level 76 Keldeo
Luigypwns

Storm Badge Remove Badge Zephyr Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 8:22 pm

I think ditto is a good counter since it can just switch in and outspeed the opponent with a scarf them KO them
Back to top Go down
Kland
Kland

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 11:22 pm

ditto, hazers p songs, clear smogers, gimmick roarer's, sash, proity ect

^^i kno this coz thats what i always had problems with
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2012, 11:01 am

Do you use a double edge smeargle???? How the fuck is espeon ohkod when it comes in on the smash... Smearge needs to pass first...

Also dont forget that some dialgas run brick break and that some smashes go to mewtwo (his psystrike/aura sphere ohko chans and ferro)

Two phazers is crap. Itll run like this:
Your palkia kills deoxys-s of the opp.
He sends smeargle out.
You switch to groudon.
He smashes.
You use roar.
He spores.
You switch to lugia.
He bpes to dialga.
He sweeps.

The trick is they first smash and then spore...

Also is there a viable clear smogger in ubers?
And even if... Lets assume you have for some reason a sleep fodder (in what case you should go to a phazer but w/e) he wull smash on your switch and then pass to dialga who is immune... The counters that are imo the most viable outside of countering smashpass are lum arceus and lum rayquaza. When they send out smeargle you switch to them and use eq/brick break. Either they pass and get ohkod or they use spore in what case your lum activates and theyre at 1 hp. Then you espeed.
Back to top Go down
ZoroDarX
Title: Level 21 Charmeleon
Title: Level 21 Charmeleon
ZoroDarX

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Cascade Badge Remove Badge

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2012, 5:06 pm

Since I've been using smashpass (kinda) succesfully (peaked #10), I know what shit is REALLY annoying. Ditto is an ASS when playing with smashpass, any arceus form that's being able to survive can either do a lot of damage or kill (eg Arceus-Fighting) or survive and cripple: para/perish song (eg arceus- ghost). Easiest thing to "counter" smashpass, though, is not let the pass go. Have yourself a lum poke: exemple that has happened a lot of times (when I weren't really experienced yet): Scarfogre breaks sash, you go for Shell Smash. You go for Spore, BUT the opponent switches in Lum Arceus/Rayquaza. Extremespeed and bye Smeargle.
Another trick when playing against Smashpass is keeping hazards away from your side. This gives you a lot more checks: Ho-oh survives anything Dialga throws at him without the dreaded rocks, Lugia can para, sashed pokes like lead Darkrai are very usable...
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2012, 6:12 pm

Yeah zoro summed it up good... Also hazards on the opps side of the field help as it breaks the sash of smeargle... W/o sash a pokemwth 75 speed and prolly the worsest defenses in the tier is easy to handle
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 5:41 am

Two phazers can only work with good prediction. And if your opponent is an idiot, he will spore first which makes it far easier to beat.
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 8:01 am

Eh, srs you shouldnt rely on that. Most smashpass user will smash dirst also how does good prediction help in case of two phazers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smashpass counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smashpass counters   Smashpass counters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smashpass counters
Page 1 of 1