Xclusive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xclusive

Competive community. Located in the Xclusive channel of Pokemon online.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kland's guide to the new ou metagame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kland
Title: Admin
Title: Admin
Kland

Kanto Gyms : Kanto Gyms
Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge
Elite Four : Elite Four
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown
Tournaments : Orange League
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Trophy Remove Ribbon

kland's guide to the new ou metagame Empty
PostSubject: kland's guide to the new ou metagame   kland's guide to the new ou metagame I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 11:17 am

INTRODUCTION:

Hello maybe of you know me as kland,today I will be discussing OU from my point of view. Firstly this will be looked at a sweepers point of view, and since sweeping is the easiest play style for new players on low ladder, i will be focusing in mainly what type of sweepers to use and why.

PHYSICAL SWEEPERS:

First off Physical sweepers.I will Begin with choice users, one the best choice user of the physical sweepers in OU Scizor. Scizor is generally over used in my opinion however it's mighty bullet punch stands for itself. Scizor is mainly used in volt turn paired with either a Rotom-w or a Thundurus-T for it's ability to sweep late game with bullet punch while early game it can deal damage and force switches and stop set up sweepers Example: Dragonites and haxuros', mence growth user's in sun sd sawbucks tornadus *lower then 90% for o, and lower then 70% for t* it also gets a useful u-turn to troll stallfags *looks at zodiak* which makes it hard for stall to heal because your constantly switching between phy and spec. Only problem is this is walled by gastrodon <3 GASTRO *the hidden arcues pokemon*. The next pokemon on my list is scarfer landurus. at the moment i couldn't tell you which landurus is better , the T form has a good ability which makes it more physically bulky however it loses power in sand and speed, which is key for a scarfer since the main point of a scarfer is to out speed and kill fast sweepers/set up sweepers, now landurus t loses to DD haxuros speed wise, why i couldn't say which landorus is better. But landurus main aim is to control the game by anti sweeping sweepers and late game sweeping

scarf/band moxie salamence, not only does this beast have huge attack and speed and after a choice it's even more it gets it's broken ability which +1 ATT'S every time this monster gets a kill, this is one of the best late game sweepers in the ou meta game and should be feared, however the annoying typing of dragon flying and outrage lock in causes it to be walled and killed early game by jirachi's ferro's or any ice shard user, and being weak to rocks doesn't help it's plot, however regardless of this it's still a beast of a sweeper late game and should not be overlooked, anything that doesn't resist outrage *unless it's names are slowbro, amoongus* dies. terrakon another beast in ou this like mence can either be band or scarf, it's band form lacking speed for anti sweeping kills anything apart from gliscore, slowbro or amoongus in 2 hits even skarms it's mainly just a powerhouse hitter in this form an is scizor weak, it's scarf form loses the power to gurantee 2 hit 90% of the whole metagame but prevents most set up sweepers and out speeds most over scarfers this is because it's speed hits 512, which is huge but it's just a stone egde/close combat spammer half the time

Final band dragonite a very power band user nite's mutiscale allows it to gurantee a kill pretty much however I think band nite lacks speed and falls compaired to it's dd set. Now lets start set up sweepers as you can gusse i'll start with DD nite, dd nite one of the best things in this metagame, dd outrage EQ ex speed, is my preferred set for this monster it's mutiscale pretty much allows you to dd easy and chuck a lum berry on to prevent any t waves sleep or burns you might get from over Pokemon, also stops confuse from outrage which is always handy. DD haxuros and mence work the same just difference here and there haxuros is he most power after 1 dd and is not weak to rock and ice as much as they other 2 are, however once mence starts it won't stop sweeping. next set up sweeper will be techloom, breeloom now released with it's dw abillity gets to abuse the tech loom set, life orb mach punch spore bullet and sword dance 252 att 252 speed jolly nature. this set is beast and owns any stall team it also generally sweeps everything that isn't dragn flying or bulky and takes neutral or resists mach and bullet. techloom is generally an unstoppable late game sweeper thats a pain to kill because it has a priority move that 1 hits half the metagame, that can stop it.

Last edited by Nexus on July 2nd 2012, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it as readable as possible)
Back to top Go down

kland's guide to the new ou metagame
Page 1 of 1