Xclusive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xclusive

Competive community. Located in the Xclusive channel of Pokemon online.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strongest pokemon in NU

Go down 
+12
ZoroDarX
Sorelia
Meh
Dzi
Chromium
Mylo Xyloto
Luigypwns
ZodiaK
Nexus
It's My Party
123Fakestreet
Darklight
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nexus
Title: Admin
Nexus

Kanto Gyms : Kanto Gyms
Storm Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge
Elite Four : Elite Four
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown
Tournaments : Orange League
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Trophy Remove Ribbon

Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 4:26 pm

Swords danbce actually is sure to get a KO in your Opponents team as they usually switch in Regive/Special walls to wall it. It is a good Path breaker to support other sweepers like Musharna but not good as a sweeper itself
Back to top Go down
Chromium
Title: Level 26 Haunter
Chromium

Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 7:23 pm

I would probably say Sawk. He makes an excellent revenge killer with a Scarf and a pure beast with a Choice Band. He is certainly a threat to most teams, since very few Pokemon can take a hit from Sawk.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

Storm Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 7:45 pm

Scarf sawk gets walled by like Altaria and Exeguttor but Band Sawk can just blow past em. So yeah agreeing
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Title: Level 76 Keldeo
Luigypwns

Storm Badge Remove Badge Zephyr Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 7:58 pm

I have to agree with you on that one. Sawk can be a huge threat. Most people use Scarfs though so it's easier to set up and hit back. That's why I changed EQ to Bonemerang on my Marowak so that if I manage to succecfully BP to him on sawk it can break sturdy and KO it.
Back to top Go down
ZodiaK
ZodiaK

Remove Badge Marsh Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 10:34 pm

bonemerang should usually be used by Marowak anyway.

yes, for sturdy users and also sub users. as you can break subs and get some damage in.
Back to top Go down
https://xclusive.4umer.com
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

Storm Badge Remove Badge Zephyr Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 11:28 pm

Yup it's a life saver, and thanks to Marowak's incredible attack once equipped with a thick club it's one of the few moves that can seriously put a dent in Rhydon ,or OHKO it if Marowak has s +2 attack boost, which is a serious threat in NU.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Title: Level 61 Venusaur
Darklight

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 7:25 am

The only reason people opt for EQ over boomerang on Marowak is due to the 90% acc of boomerang which really sucks >.>
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 11:21 am

Yup. That 90% accuracy can kill you. It's caused me to lose about 2 battles, it's still preffered though as so many Pokemon use sashes and have sturdy.
Back to top Go down
Dzi
Dzi

Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 12:10 pm

As an NU player Golurk is probably the strongest NU pokemon. With Golurk under a sub, things like Skuntank or Golem cant stop him and can hit with a powerful Earthquake back.

Next to the list is Scarfed/Banded Sawk. Sawk being the #2 most used in the NU tier, it
is a threat to almost any team without Musharna. It can spam Close Combats to your team without worrying of getting 1HKOed because of its wonderful ability in the name of Sturdy.

At the third spot is Banded Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan reaches a very good amount of power when it equips Choice Band. With its ability in the name of Scrappy, even ghost types are not safe. Kangaskhan with great support can act as a very good and effective pokemon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 7:09 pm

I honestly have not really been threatened by any of those pokemon except for Sawk. It's probably because my team counter them completely.

I usually just OHKO Golurk's because pretty much my whole team can do it so I have honestly never had a Golurk pose any threat to me because they never stay for more than 2 turns.

I admit that Sawk is a major threat in NU because of it's ability sturdy and high attack stat. I have faced a lot of Sawk so I have learned to counter them quite easily though they still pose threats especially late-game when some of my counters are KO'd.

Kangaskhan is also a threat but not a big one really because everytime I see one in my opponents team I keep my Rotom-S to counter it. I cripple it with Will-O-Wisp to lower it's physical damage and my Rotom can easily take a hit from Kangaskhan so in the next turn it can just use pain split to regain health while dealing damage.

So my team kind of counters them so I don't recieve much of a threat from any of those but Sawk, but they are still major threats I used another team for a while and Sawk and Kangaskhan posed serious threats.(I didn't face a Golurk but it probably would of also posed a major threat.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2012, 8:56 am

Golurk is actually a pretty weird case. it works in every tier except for Ubers, from OU to NU. While on paper it seems great, while battling it really is not as good as you will expect it to be, but it still is nice.
Back to top Go down
Meh
Title: Level 16 Eevee
Title: Level 16 Eevee
Meh

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 1:16 pm

On Smogon it definitely has to be Bambi <3
It's really strong and has decent speed, is adorable(!) and can be called Sawsbuck-WIN.

On PO it's either Sawk because it has that raw power or Specs Emboar because SCALD PWNS PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
Chromium
Chromium

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 1:58 pm

Specs Emboar is stronf.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 2:28 pm

But not even close to be the strongest pokemon in NU >.>
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 3:48 pm

E-vire and Archeops are also pretty big threats. I've faced a few and I have to say that they seriously pose a problem to most teams especially if you're using a team that needs to set up because they just full out attack
Back to top Go down
Dzi
Dzi

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 1:16 am

Another pokemon that i find powerful is Scarfed/Banded Scyther. Some PO players like Gl4ss managed to use Scyther competitively without worrying about the SR damage. If you're using Scyther, Rapid Spin Support IS A MUST or else it will die after 2-3 switches (depending on evs ofc.) Scyther overall is a scary pokemon to face with.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 3:47 am

Luigypwns wrote:
E-vire and Archeops are also pretty big threats. I've faced a few and I have to say that they seriously pose a problem to most teams especially if you're using a team that needs to set up because they just full out attack

Electivire sucks, sure it can go mixed but mixed e-vire can kill almost nothing and you should always go 100% physical, even then with it's not too strong as Golem, Rhydon, Regirock can easily kill it. Archeops can easily destroy teams but priority and stealth rock damage weakens it really fast.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 2:40 pm

Sludgee_Dzi wrote:
Another pokemon that i find powerful is Scarfed/Banded Scyther. Some PO players like Gl4ss managed to use Scyther competitively without worrying about the SR damage. If you're using Scyther, Rapid Spin Support IS A MUST or else it will die after 2-3 switches (depending on evs ofc.) Scyther overall is a scary pokemon to face with.

Gl4ss Isn't really tough to beat and Scyther is always a on knife edge as if SR is on then its kinda wasted
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2012, 10:34 am

Yeah, Gl4ss isn't so hard to beat, and Scyther works great, only if you have a spinner.
Back to top Go down
Sorelia
Title: Level 46 Alakazam
Sorelia

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 6:40 am

Ludicolo needs rain. Marowak needs Trick room.

I prefer Choice Banded rampardos in trick room, works better than marowak I think
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 5:00 pm

That's like saying my Sun Boosted Flash fire boosted Blaze Boosted Specs Charizard Blast burn is the most powerful. Trick room is a condition and can't be taken into account
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 5:20 pm

Nexus wrote:
That's like saying my Sun Boosted Flash fire boosted Blaze Boosted Specs Charizard Blast burn is the most powerful. Trick room is a condition and can't be taken into account

Charizard doesn't get Flash Fire :O, either change it to Typhlosion or change flash fire to Solar Power. Razz (I do know what you meant when you posted this but why not troll?)
Back to top Go down
Sorelia
Sorelia

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:31 am

sorelia wrote:
Ludicolo needs rain. Marowak needs Trick room.

I prefer Choice Banded rampardos in trick room, works better than marowak I think

I failed, didnt realise you guys were on page 3, only read page 1 =.=

Banded Rampardos hits 700 Atk. Better than your +2'd random base 100 sweeper. Just that this is a piece of slow shit so needs a bit of support
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 11:52 am

Actually I always set up and kill any Rampardos that I face because they don't really pose a threat to my team because my whole team pretty much counters it, though it ca't be denied that it's powerful.

Some people lead with it and I don't think that leading with a banded Rampardos is too smart because you can just switch into a pokemon that resists it, and it works great as a revenge killer.
Back to top Go down
ZoroDarX
Title: Level 21 Charmeleon
Title: Level 21 Charmeleon
ZoroDarX

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Cascade Badge Remove Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:36 pm

Ludicolo is a nightmare for offensive/frail teams, but he hasn't that much power. Imo, CB Emboar has to be the most powerful poke in NU. Which poke isn't 2HKO'ed by the appropriate move?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strongest pokemon in NU
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next