Xclusive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xclusive

Competive community. Located in the Xclusive channel of Pokemon online.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strongest pokemon in NU

Go down 
+12
ZoroDarX
Sorelia
Meh
Dzi
Chromium
Mylo Xyloto
Luigypwns
ZodiaK
Nexus
It's My Party
123Fakestreet
Darklight
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Luigypwns
Title: Level 76 Keldeo
Luigypwns

Kanto Gyms : Kanto Gyms
Storm Badge Remove Badge Zephyr Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge
Elite Four : Elite Four
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown
Tournaments : Orange League
Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Trophy Remove Ribbon

Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 6:36 am

Well this thread has evolved into a general talk about the metagame. Also Liepard is just annoying as hell. The only Liepard set that really works well is the swagger-sub set because it just trolls teams like crazy!
Back to top Go down
Dzi
Title: Level 26 Haunter
Dzi

Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge
Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Lost to the Elite Four Remove Crown

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 6:59 am

Luigypwns wrote:
Well this thread has evolved into a general talk about the metagame. Also Liepard is just annoying as hell. The only Liepard set that really works well is the swagger-sub set because it just trolls teams like crazy!

Well, Dont forget the Liepard set with NastyPlot+ Dark Pulse+Encore+Hp fighting. It really kicks ass.

(Not posting for money etc. etc.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 9:37 am

YOU ALL FORGOT THE BEST LATE GAME SWEEPER EVER IN HISTORY!

THE GOD HIMSLEF! MAGIKARP! >_>

it 1hkoes everything with splash. Razz
Back to top Go down
Firer
Title: Level 51 Scizor
Firer

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 1:56 pm

Sludgee_Dzi wrote:
Luigypwns wrote:

Well, Dont forget the Liepard set with NastyPlot+ Dark Pulse+Encore+Hp fighting. It really kicks ass.

I was talking about exactly that set. Fuck the Swagger set it doesnt works anywhay... I am to unlucky for that. And I dont mean that Swagger miss I mean that I crate a fucking overpowered sweeper that doesnt hits itself ONCE in confusion...
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

Storm Badge Remove Badge Zephyr Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2012, 2:39 pm

Firer wrote:
Sludgee_Dzi wrote:
Luigypwns wrote:

I was talking about exactly that set. Fuck the Swagger set it doesnt works anywhay... I am to unlucky for that. And I dont mean that Swagger miss I mean that I crate a fucking overpowered sweeper that doesnt hits itself ONCE in confusion...

@Sludge it is a good set but it has quite a few counters, maybe it's just that my team counters it great and I have always stopped any Liepard that has tried to set up.

@Firer my Pokemon has hit itself literally every turn when facing the swagger Liepard ._. it's actually crazy how unlucky I got, and it wasn't just once but like 8 times(i.e every single swagger Liepard I have faced)

I also noticed that BP teams in NU actually work really well if you have good enough team synergy. My team just ploughs through so many teams ._. a speed boosted Marowak with a +2 attack boost(which is what I usually get) OHKO's the entire metagame except Alomomola(it does around 75-80%)
Back to top Go down
Dzi
Dzi

Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 2:01 am

BP teams always succeed if its done the right way. Ninjask needs to pay attention with all the rock type Pokemon in the tier. Rock Blast and Stealth Rock to be exact are the main problems. Anyway....

Aside from Ninjask, what NU Pokemon can baton pass? Mad
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Title: Level 61 Venusaur
Darklight

Storm Badge Marsh Badge Zephyr Badge Mineral Badge Earth Badge Volcano Badge Cascade Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 2:35 pm

There are many pokemons in NU that can baton pass. The list of pokemons that can baton pass and do not suck, that many friend is a really small one. Also luiy, as Dzi said, Baton Pass will always work if done correct.
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 3:11 pm

mawile is a good bp'er

anywhay tell me this "counters". It can be revenged killed by faster pokes but i dont think any poke walls it. (especially as they cant heal, cause then they get encored and i can np up).

also marowak is weak to the most common prio in nu, and is also walled by tangela and misdreavus... im sure there some more but i check that later... also ninjask has quite a hard time bp'ing atm cause nu is prolly the tier with the most multi hit moves (rock blast, bullet seed, tail slap, gear grind... and it has enough users too... armaldo, klink, cincinnio, garbodor etc.).

and the swagger set is to luck based for my like... i prefer np cause you dont rely on hax there tho from time to time you get a nice dpulse flinch...
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 4:22 pm

Well as long as you have mons that it can BP to that wall the predicted multi-hit moves then ur fine
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2012, 8:59 pm

ah so we are talking bout a chain? thougth quick pass...
also have i mentioned that there are many users of sub? sub is also nice against bp cause you can look what they switch to, take a hit and retaliate with the appropriate move, so you need to predict less...
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2012, 10:25 am

No, I was talking about quick pass, chains are too complicated to keep going and once they are broken you're pretty much screwed. Also I agree with Firer on the whole sub thing because you can just attack the switch in twice thanks to the sub and switch out yourself.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 4:20 pm

Chains only work well in OU imo, (if you disagree i don't give a shit, post here and i might) since Espeon and many other pokemon that can keep chains going on.
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2012, 4:52 pm

Ye coz it's easy to break a chain in NU. There aren't any really good Pokemon to keep a chain going properly in NU. There might be a few but there aren't enough to make it effective enough
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 3:26 pm

chains are so good in ou, because there so many choice users. its easy to scout for the move with sub (once you got enough speed boosts) and then pass to the right poke... and they cant double switch cause bp goes after switching etc... while nu does have some choicers theyre normally to strong and there arent enough good pokes in nu with bp and a boosting move that can wall them
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2012, 11:33 pm

True, though you do get the odd BP chain in NU. If used properly there's maybe about 10 or so Pokemon that can be used but you have to use them very well because the NU metagame isn't really the easiest place to keep chains going, especially with Skill Link Cinccino running around
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 2:21 am

exactly Luigy
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2012, 12:44 pm

Does anyone else here have a deep hatred of Tangela ._.
Back to top Go down
Dzi
Dzi

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2012, 9:14 am

Luigypwns wrote:
Does anyone else here have a deep hatred of Tangela ._.

Poor Klinklang does. :3 :3 :3
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2012, 12:18 pm

Ya at first I thought it would be set up fodder for my Klinklang but no it just had to have HP fire D:
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2012, 7:47 am

who dafaq runs HP Fire Tangela .-.
Back to top Go down
Champ X
Title: Level 1 Weedle
Champ X

Storm Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 5:41 am

Darklight wrote:
who dafaq runs HP Fire Tangela .-.

:O
I do...!
Also, I've been seeing too many Amoongus-Mola stall teams. Personally, I find it a joke, with my team pretty much HO-style (except Tangela), but is this a pain for you guys?
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 5:14 pm

Its a pretty solid core for semi-stall
If the rest of the team fits good... But it walls about every physial attacker in the game
Back to top Go down
Luigypwns
Luigypwns

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 5:48 pm

Amoomola teams just suck Sad I have no problem with AMoongus but alomomola just walls me so much if I lose sammy and marowak, though it's pretty good set up fodder for Klinklang
Back to top Go down
Firer
Firer

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 7:45 pm

Well the core is weak to special attackers with good coverage like zebstrika...
Back to top Go down
Champ X
Champ X

Storm Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Earth Badge Remove Badge Remove Badge Rainbow Badge

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2012, 8:46 am

And they're practically shut down by Taunt, barring Scald Alomomola. They're annoying, no doubt, just not threatening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strongest pokemon in NU   Strongest pokemon in NU - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strongest pokemon in NU
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next